photo classroomclassybanner_zps5cb71716.jpg

new home

 photo new home_zpskk9myqsy.jpg

Friday, March 29, 2013

Things I Love: Stylebook

The Stylebook app is my first Thing I Love!  I'm hoping to post many more (there are a lot of things I love), but this thing is one that I have been totally loving lately!


Stylebook is an app that helps you organize your closet, plan outfits, and even shop for and sell clothes.  It's a lot like Polyvore except with your own clothing.  Stylebook allows you enter your wardrobe by uploading pictures of clothing, and from there you can go on to put together different looks.  It's really cool!

In your closet, you can separate your clothing accordingly in both categories and subcategories.  There's places for your tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, accessories, outerwear, bags, and even an "I wish" category.


Once you organize your closet by uploading pictures, Stylebook allows you to delete the background of the picture so you just see the article of clothing.  This makes it much easier to plan outfits.  You can create outfits for basically any occasion, and putting them together is a lot like Polyvore, as I said before.  This is the most fun part of the app, for me, anyway.



 When your outfits are planned, Stylebook includes a calendar that you can add your outfits to, making getting dressed for the week or weeks ahead super easy!


Stylebook's ability to put together outfits and plan them out for later wear is my favorite feature of the app and really the entire reason I bought it.  For me, there's nothing worse than waking up in the morning and not knowing what I'm going to wear.  Now that I've started subbing, I never know exactly what time of the morning I could get a job, how much time I'll have to get ready, or when I have to leave my house; it varies almost every morning, which is the nature of substitute teaching.  Because of this, I don't have the luxury of pondering in front of my closet in the morning for fifteen minutes (I'd much rather use that for sleep!).  With Stylebook, I have outfits put together ahead of time and even planned out for the week.  The calendar is also a great thing for me; in high school my peers would always poke fun of me for my "two week rotation" rule of when I could wear an outfit again.  Stylebook helps me keep track of that (which I still like to utilize), and also what outfit I've worn at what school (which lets me cheat on the two week rule if one school saw it one week but another did not--hello less laundry!).

Basically, Stylebook has helped me to get more put-together on work mornings, which is a thing of beauty for me.  I've been very happy with the purchase and it was definitely worth it for me!

Before you get Stylebook, here's some pros and cons you might want to consider:

Pros:
  • Plan outfits in advance
  • Create outfits you might not have thought of before
  • Browse other users' closets
  • Use fashion inspiration to create new looks
  • Organize your real life closet while organizing your Stylebook closet (I ended up clearing out and donating a bag of unworn clothes to Plato's when I first started uploading pictures!)
Cons:
  • It is not a free app; the cost is $3.99
  • It can be tricky to remove the backgrounds of your pictures
  • Uploading pictures/removing backgrounds is time consuming (you need to plan for this to be a project; I still haven't completely finished uploading and organizing yet)
  • You might not find use for all the features
If you decide to purchase Stylebook, have fun organizing and planning so many new looks!  Leave your ideas and opinions in the comments!



2 comments: